If you are looking at the advantages these two Instagram features can give, you probably are an owner of a business. The situation might be dire at the moment, but not forever. Today, we are going to expose how we can use these features to amp our interaction with existing and potential customers on Instagram.
What are Instagram Action Buttons?
This feature has been currently introduced for the sake of you – the business owner. There has been a major frustration with having only one link in your profile. Well, that has changed. With Instagram buttons, you can have more than one link. This link can be placed for making reservations, scheduling time, selling tickets. If you add this with the Business Profiles – where you could have a physical location, buttons to e-mail, to call, or text – then you have a wide base of options for your customer to choose from. This will increase your clients’ engagement and promotion of your product or company.
So, how do you set up an Instagram Action Button?
Well, that’s simple. Follow these steps:
- Click on your Instagram account or profile;
- Click on Edit Profile;
- Scroll down until you see “Contact Options” under Business Information. Then click on it;
- Finally, click on the Action button.
Once you are done, select the type of Action Button. Whether it’s for selling tickets or setting up an event. When you are finished, click on Done at the top of the screen.
What is an Instagram Story Highlight?
Furthermore, Instagram highlights are colorful circular buttons that are found at the midsection of your Instagram page. They are 15-second photos or videos permanently available for anyone to watch. You can label each of these stories and post them as stories for the entire world to see. These quick bursts of information reveal are key for viewers to decide whether interested or not in your product or business.
With this in mind, one should control how appealing the story highlight cover is, as it will be the first thing viewers see. The great advantage of this feature is that you do not need to keep recreating information every time there’s a request. All you need is to post your story highlight on your Instagram stories, and you are good to go. Make sure you add tags, valuable information, or external links within them.
How you can set up an Instagram Story Highlight
- Click on the plus sign under Story Highlights or the plus sign in the top right corner of your Instagram Page screen;
- Select the past stories you want to have in the highlight;
- Label the highlight;
- To save the new content to an existing story highlight, tap the heart button at the bottom of the screen;
- Edit your story highlight cover if you want to.
Advantages of using Instagram Action Buttons and Story Highlights
- These attract an Instagram audience to engage with you
- They promote your business products and services through events and selling tickets
- It saves time. With story highlights, you do not have to keep creating the requested information.
- Creating awareness among your customers of new opportunities.
- Immediate feedback from purchases can help you improve the product or service.
While story highlights might be a good way of luring your target audience, you should also consider a natural expansion/ growth plan. Try to make your own research or just turn to platforms like SimplyGram boosting service or some specialists to make your account stand out.